2013 seems to be our year. I am a glutton for punishment and between Bill and I we are both tackling alot of things this year. So far this is what things are looking like:
- I have quit smoking. I actually had my first severe adverse reaction this week. I was in the grocery store by our house buying meat for dinner because we forgot to thaw some. A guy walks up behind me that smells like a walking ashtray and I actually had to walk quickly away before I threw up.
- My doctor put me on wellbutrin to go with the chantix for my anxiety (AKA: anger. My anxiety reaction has always been anger). Its helped a TON and I definitely feel better about quitting. He was worried that if I was still having anxiety issues when I went off the chantix I would revert back to smoking again.
- We’re trying to cook more/try new things/eat healthier. We started it this week and our meal plan for this week is:
- We’re also trying to go to the gym a minimum of 5 times a week. Doing a minimum of 30 minutes cardio and on most days some weight training.
- I got in to see the RE (reproductive endocrinologist AKA infertility doctor). So far I have had 16 vials of blood drawn, a bunch of vitamins I have to take (prenatal w/DHA, Vitamin D, Calcium, B12), and an HSG (which was clear). I am going back in April to be prescribed something for elevated testosterone, which he thinks is were my issues are coming from.
- I quit drinking pop. Not completely, but I definitely don’t have it everyday. (The bullshit side though? I quit over 3 weeks ago, eating 1800 or less calories, plus gym time, and haven’t lost a single pound).
- Heredity has caught up with me. I had elevated blood pressure at the dentist and then at the RE, so I went in to see my regular doctor and he has me on a low dose blood pressure medication. Sadly he thinks it has more to do with genetics than my overall health.
- I’m on the planning committee for WordCamp North Canton and have been busy helping with that. I created the look for the site with the art from Joe at Trailer Trash Designs.
- Next month I am giving a presentation with a coworker at the Spirit of Women in Business Conference at Kent State.
- We’re doing: The Savvy Business Woman’s Guide to the Web: SEO, SMO, PPC, SEM, SMM, What Does it All Mean?
And I’m sure lots of other things I haven’t covered. Shits been crazy over here the last several months. I don’t normally get to bed until midnight and I am back up and going by 7. Work, cook, clean, gym, dogs, cats, work, work, work. The typical never ending cycle. Add into that getting serious about getting pregnant, eating better, more gym time, etc… and it’s just a clusterfuck. How has everyone else been (if you don’t update your blog like me. If you do, I am sure I stalk you when I have a spare moment)?