- Early spring colds with a fever are gross. (Even if you live in Ohio and spring means it is still 25 and snowing, heh.)
- Fevers in general are gross. (No, they really aren’t better when you’re older than they were when you were a kid. I’d venture they’re worse because your Mom isn’t there to make you stay covered and “sweat it out”.)
- Your goal to go to the gym flies out the window when getting out of bed and blowing your nose turns into an Olympic sport. (No really. I have 3 gold medals in the nasal clearing triathlon.)
- Nothing feels better than a shower after 3 days of not being able to do anything but sleep. (Don’t act all grossed out. You know you’ve done the same thing before.)
- When you think you might be better, don’t believe it. You’ll go to sleep and wake up feeling worse then before you went to bed, making you wonder if you should have stayed up. (I really should have just stayed up and gone to work while I was feeling okay-ish.)
- Lastly, make sure you have enough tissues. 4 boxes of the Puffs plus Lotion are NOT enough. Promise. (Also keep yourself hydrated. No seriously, that snot has to be coming from somewhere.)
PS. It’s also awkward going back to work on a Friday for 1 day before the weekend. Even though you believe you should be elected the office savior for not coming in and sharing the love.