I’m moving this weekend. While I’m not overly thrilled about the area I am moving to, I do have a number of things I am excited about in regards to this move:
- No more scary landlord.
- Rent to Own.
- 100% ours within 5 years.
- 3 bedroom, 1 full bath, with a front porch, back 2 tier deck, fenced in yard.
- We can probably buy this house in cash in 3-4 years with the rent savings.
- We can do whatever we want to it.
There are downsides of course:
- 100% ours. If something breaks it’s our problem.
- Not so great area (Kenmore).
- Neighbors are very close, and kinda trashy.
All in all it is going to be a fair trade I think. As far as safety we have the dogs and we have Time Warner installing their top level security package next week. Not much we can do about the neighbors outside of ignoring them. The other plus’s definitely outweigh the drawbacks. The siding is new, as is the roof. Foundation is solid. The majority of the very expensive items about the house are okay (heating, plumbing, electrical).
Next up will be painting and flooring and decorating. I will probably share a lot of that as we go, as we plan to reclaim and build the vast majority of things ourselves. Bill likes to call our home style Steampunk Farmhouse. I think this will be fun. If nothing else, it gives me something to focus on between cycles.