Unlike most years, I decided this year to step away from the online realm and enjoy my holidays, and I did so. This Christmas did have the potential to be very bad and upsetting, but it turned out to be the best Christmas I have ever had. Many thanks to my stunning and wonderful boyfriend for making this year go so well.
Christmas eve was spent first at Bill’s Moms house. We ate, opened presents and hung out there for a bit before heading to my Uncle’s for the night to do the same thing. It went well and I got alot of stuff I have been wanting. We also opened our Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve as we wanted to just spend Christmas hanging out and toying with our new stuff.
For christmas I got:
- Metalwork ivy wall sconce from Bill.
- Gelaskins in ‘Shore’ for my iPhone and Macbook Pro from Bill.
- Gelaskins in ‘Bunny Blossoms’ for my iPod from Bill.
- Gelaskins in ‘Leave the Hair’ also for my iPhone from Bill.
- Monopoly Nintendo edition from Bill.
- 2 Handmade Christmas ornaments. One was a huge cat, the other a moose.
- Papasan chair from my Uncle.
- 2 pillows and a fleece blanket from my brother for the chair.
- Cute coffee mug from my brother.
- Sally figurine from Rachel & John.
- Candle from Rachel & John.
- Cute socks from Rachel & John.
- ‘Cemeteries’ of Northeast Ohio’ book from Rachel & John.
All in all it was awesome. I got Bill a fantastic automatic watch for Christmas and was pleasently surprised by just how excited he was by it. Not as suprisingly, Dutin’s new ‘Wildcard’ phone and clothes from American Eagle were also a hit.
Christmas day we had my brother and Uncle over for dinner. Bill made his awesome glazed ham and I help make mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, and biscuits. While we ate we watched Dark Knight and helped my Uncle fiddle with his WoW settings for his new graphics card we got him for Christmas and installed. Bill’s friend Tony also stopped by, and later that night Rachel and John stopped by to exchange gifts.
Taking advantage of my 5 day weekend, we went out shopping Friday and got some awesome deals, as well as picking up an ottoman for my new chair. One of our last stops was Best Buy and while there I found a camera I fell in love with. Bill was threatning me that if I didn’t buy a new camera by my birthday, he would force one on me because I wanted it so much. So we went home, did our research and trekked back out Saturday to buy my new camera. I toyed with the idea of a DSLR, but instead I settled on the Canon Powershot SX10 IS. Reason being is that it has most of the same inner workings of a Rebel, and it has a 20x zoom. I’m not worried about having a million different lenses, so this camera is perfect for me.
Tomorrow it’s back to the regular grind and that makes me happy and saddens me. This holiday has been amazing, but I’ll be glad to get back to my regular daily routine.
Lastly, I’ll leave you with some choice shots from the past week, under the cut…