Now that the majority of the trauma from the last few months has cleared, I am taking a breather. A few people have asked about next steps and plans, and until recently I was still pretty clueless about it as well. But I think Bill and I have decided how we’re going to move forward finally.
We’re going to wait till late Spring/Early Summer. There are a few reasons behind this.
First, I did just go through a traumatic experience. Miscarriage SUCKS. My body still feels wonky, and I haven’t lost a single pound. My back also still hurts in spots from the PIO shots. So giving my body a break seems like the right thing to do.
Second, I am Vice Co-Chair of communications for Infertility Advocacy Day 2017. What does this mean? I have a team of social media experts to setup, manage, and guide in helping us reach the best attendance numbers yet. This also means I’ll be in DC in May again.
Third, being that Bill and I both are going to AD this year, we’re going to take our first “vacation” since Key West in 2009 and be tourists around DC for a couple days following AD. YAY VACATION!
Fourth, we despise the house we are currently living in. We’re going to really buckle down over the next year and get our credit to the point that we can finally try to buy a house. The house can come during pregnancy, but neither of us wants to bring a child home to the house we currently live in.
Fifth, part of being canned in December also affects my ability to qualify for FMLA. My new job is beyond awesome, offers paid maternity leave, and is an overall UPGRADE, but I also have to be an employee for a year to qualify for FMLA. Do I think they’d fire me for getting pregnant and being due before my one year anniversary? No. But better safe than sorry.
All of this adds up to a June-ish transfer schedule. This also means doing adult things in the meantime, like getting a follow-up appointment with my oncologist for a CAT Scan/Bloodwork, getting a pap smear, curbing spending, and just waiting a little bit longer.